Privacy Statement for Filing and Storage of Documents
EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) articles 12,13 and 14
Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council, Business ID 0201296-1
Esterinportti 2 B, 00240 Helsinki, Finland
Telephone + 358 9 4757 411, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Controller’s representative: Data Protection Officer
2. Data Protection Officer
Name: Liisa Setälä
Telephone +358 40 1681 989, email: email@example.com
3. Purpose of Personal Data Processing
The filing system is used for the initiation of an administrative matter, and the preparation, solving, decision-making, publication of matters, and the filing of documents.
The Act on the Openness of Government Activities and on Good Practice in Information Management (621/1999) states that entries shall be made in the document register, in respect of matters given to or taken by the authority for consideration, on:
- who submitted the matter, the date on which the document arrived or, if the document has been prepared by the authority, the date on which it was prepared, and the nature of the matter
- interim measures that have been taken, such as proceedings, as well as requests for clarification and comment, as well as the related documents
- final measures in the matter and the related documents
Some of these documents contain personal data.
The filing of documents is directed by the Archives Act (831/1994) and the decisions and regulations of The National Archives of Finland.
4. Personal Data to be Found from Filing System
Name and contact information.
5. Source of Personal Data
Data given from the registered persons themselves, from authorities upon the initiation and processing of a matter and from activities led by the Regional Council itself.
6. Access to Personal Data
Only the employees of the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council with access to the personal data can access them in the filing system. If needed, the access to the data can be limited. The access to the filing system has been protected by personal user names and passwords.
Data is transferred to registered persons and authorities in matters regarding themselves, for instance upon a decision or solution.
Innofactor Oy, the provider of the matter processing system will process only on a special request from the controller and in order to provide for the service in question. The data is stored in the server and computer rooms of the provider.
7. Transferring and Disclosing Personal Data to Third Countries and International Organisations
Data will not be disclosed to targets outside of the EU or the EFTA states.
8. Storage Period for Personal Data
Metadata cards and documents including personal data are stored for the time stated in the data control plan.
9. Rights of Data Subject
The data subjects have the right to the following:
- to know what kind of data the filing system contains about themselves
- request their inaccurate personal data to be corrected
- restrict the processing of their data
The request should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org(Will be opened in a new window) or by mail to Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council, Esterinportti 2 B, FI-00240 Helsinki.The message should come attached with “Request of data verification of Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council Event Filing System”.
The right to request verification of one’s data is free of charge once a year.
Furthermore, the data subjects have a right to make a complaint to a supervisory authority of data protection.
The filing system is not used for profiling, or for other forms of automated decision making.
For more information, please contact:
Decision-making support, case and document management, procurement, data protection officer
This page was last updated: 19.1.2023