Suggestions for the Helsinki-Uusimaa Business Award Winners can be sent until 15 August 2023. This time Responsibility and Impact are the themes to be rewarded for. The Award in three categories is given by a jury consisting of the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council, regional entrepreneurial organisations and the regional Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment.
A responsible company is acting as sustainably as possible, aiming at the same time at profitable business activities. It develops solutions for societal needs, offers work and takes the environment into consideration.
– In the category of circular economy, new solutions in the line of business are also estimated. We aim to take Helsinki-Uusimaa to the pinnacle of circular economy, Mr Simo Karetie says. He is the Project Manager of the Helsinki-Uusimaa Circular Valley, established in Spring 2023.
Bringing out top professionals
The Business Award wishes to bring out top professionals and to increase the appreciation of entrepreneurship. Anyone can offer a suggestion with a form found on the website of the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council.
– The Award is a way to increase the exposure and reputation of a company as a responsible employer. The choice is made by regional entrepreneurial organisations, says Development Manager, Ms Outi Ervasti at the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council.
Apart from the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council, the jury has members from entrepreneurial organisations in Helsinki-Uusimaa, the Metropolitan Region and Helsinki, the Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce, along with the Helsinki-Uusimaa Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment.
Suggest Award Winners!
Suggestions for the Helsinki-Uusimaa Business Award Winners can be sent until 15 August 2023 with the following electronic website form. This time the theme is the company’s responsibility and impact on the operational environment. Anyone can bring forward a suggestion, also the companies themselves. We wish for an informal, well-reasoned and concise expression. Find out about the Award criteria below.
- The time to bring forward your suggestion is from 12 April to 15 August 2023. Please use the web form. Estimations will be done for the achievements during the last years.
- There are three award categories: small and middle-sized, start-up and circular company.
- This time the theme is the company’s responsibility and impact on the operational environment. All categories will also be estimated for:
- Originality of mission statement and business idea
- Continuous development of activities, products or services
- Controlled and profitable growth of business activities
- Regional Impact of the company on its line of business regarding the supply of services, employment and internationality
- Outlook for the future of the company
- Activity in furthering cooperation of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs or other communal activities.
- In the category of Start-ups an estimation is made regarding how innovative the business idea is, how scalable it is and how credible the entrepreneurial team is. The outlooks on growth and internationality are also studied.
- In the category of Circular economy new solutions and their impacts will be estimated. The activities should be totally or partially based on business models for circular economy; these are, among others, sharing platforms, resource efficiency, recycling, renewability, longer life cycles for products and products as services.
- Apart from the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council, the jury has members from entrepreneurial organisations in Helsinki-Uusimaa, the Metropolitan Region and Helsinki, the Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce, along with the Helsinki-Uusimaa Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment. Mr Tommo Koivusala from the Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce is the Chair.
- The Award is a diploma. The Award is given for the next calendar year, so the winner is entitled to use the acknowledgement in its communication during the entire year to follow.
Rewarded in November
The companies selected will be rewarded at the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Annual Parliament in November 2023, attended by hundreds of decision makers and experts.
The Business Award has been given for 30 years. Last time the rewarded companies were Delipap developing, manufacturing, marketing and selling hygiene products, IOTOI recycling heat and Lamor developing the recycling of plastics.